Siste nytt er en oppgradering av Photoshop 5.0 til 5.02 - tilgjengelig på på web og ftp. Den fiksen retter på en rekke småfeil i Photoshop 5.0.
Her er hva Adobe selv skriver om feilfiksen:
The most significant fixes in the 5.0.2 release include:
- The Type tool now uses correct kerning values when auto-kerning text.
- A new anti-aliasing algorithm creates text that, at small sizes, more closely represents proper letter forms and spacing.
- Illustrator 8.0 files that include new features, such as art brushes and gradient meshes, that can be opened and rasterized correctly.
- DCS file output has been modified so that spot channels print correctly from QuarkXPress.
- Mac OS users now can save to Novell file servers even when they don't have write access to the root of the server volume.
Color management changes and additions in version 5.0.2 include:
- A new Color Management Wizard, which guides users through configuring their color management settings.
- The default color management settings have been modified so that untagged RGB files will not be converted to sRGB automatically upon opening.
- The RGB color space known as SMPTE-240M in 5.0 has been renamed Adobe RGb (1998).
- A new PDF file titled, "Photoshop Color Management" gives an in-depth explanation of color management and explains how to set up Photoshop properly for different workflows.
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 for Mac OS (U.S. English language versions only).
After downloading a ".bin" file on a Macintosh, double-click on the ".bin" file. Or, use StuffIt Expander(R) by Aladdin Systems, Inc. (408-761-6200, http://www.aladdinsys.com/) to access the file's contents. StuffIt Expander is available as a freeware product.
To install Photoshop 5.0.2:
1. Disable all virus protection software.
2. Double-click the Adobe Photoshop 5.0.2 Update application
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.